The owners and managers of the Boundary Mall are continuing to spearhead a mural project to be displayed on its exterior walls of the Bargain Store.
The current murals will depict an historical period and we are seeking photographs to help with the accuracy of the project.
We are looking for 1950’s era photos of the following:
• The downtown train station which used to stand where the Boundary Mall is now
• The train station that is currently the Station Pub
• The hospital which used to stand where the Overwaitea is now
• Orchards and potato fields and farm operations
• Nurses, farm workers and general clothing from the fifties
If anyone has photos we would very much appreciate seeing them to help us with the fullness of our mission. Please call me at 250-442-2713. Thank you for your help.
– Jane Bradley, Grand Forks