For the first time the City of Grand Forks Exceptional Volunteer Service Awards were given out in conjunction with the Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce and Community Futures Boundary business excellence awards during Small Business Week.
Recognized for their service to the community were:
• Lee Derhousoff – Grand Forks and District Public Library, Boundary Museum and Fall Fair
• Rick Friesen (accepted by Eleanor Martin) – Habitat for Humanity, BETHS and MAAPS
• Judith Lloyd – BETHS, the Gables, gallery 2, Grand Forks and District Housing Society
• Derek Taylor – Fire department, Border Bruins, Gospel Chapel and Special Olympics
• Shannon Profili – Relay for Life, Women in Business luncheons and BCRCC
• Bud Alcock – GFI and downtown parade committee
• Joan Thomas – GFI
• William Caley – Whispers of Hope Benevolent Society, Grand Forks and District Public Library and Grand Forks Art Gallery.