INFORMATION BULLETIN – RDKB Wildfire Update – Trail, August 21, 2015, 17:30
The RDKB Emergency Operations Centre is advising that unless there is a change in the wildfire situation the next update can be expected at 12:00 August 22, 2015. Wildfire Update for August 21, 2015.
- The BC Fire service is monitoring the winds that are impacting the direction of the fire. The fire is approximately 14,000ha.
- Significant resources are being mobilized to Christina lake in preparation should the winds push the fire to the north-east.
- Public meetings were held on the evening of August 20th in Grand Forks (approximately 500 attended) and Christina Lake (approximately 300 attended)and were well received.
- BC Fire crews have been deployed to the US to assist with the management of the fire.
Rock Creek Fire:
- The fire is approximately 4,350ha and is 50% contained.
- Ministry of Agriculture is working with farmers to restore internet services so supplies can be ordered for livestock.
- Operations by FortisBC and contracted crews in the Highway 33 corridor are ahead of schedule. All damaged poles along the main corridor have been replaced, and most dangerous tree removal is complete. Replacement of the remaining infrastructure and reconnecting electrical service is proceeding. Services in the Beaverdell area will be gradually reconnected to the electrical distribution system and the back up generator taken off line over the next few days. Fortis will be working on side roads throughout the weekend.