I love working with people who share a vision of a more fair, cleaner and equitable world. Grand Forks is an important part of that world. I want to be a part of a brighter future here, for everyone. A thriving Grand Forks means a better life for all of us, and it will draw people to this wonderful place, and keep them here!
I chose to live in Grand Forks because of the friendly community, gorgeous surrounding wilderness, the fertile soil, sunshine, water and opportunities to build a thriving future within our region. Together we can rejuvenate a resilient community that brings the urban and rural closer together for mutual benefit, while respecting and appreciating the wild spaces we are privileged to live so close to.
My record, coupled with being a successful business owner, gives me a balanced, professional, grassroots approach to action-oriented decision making. I am vice-president of the Grand Forks and Boundary Region Agriculture Society, and a member/producer of the Kettle Valley Food Co-op. I bring experience from tables at the national and international level including as a delegate to the United Nations, as vice-president of the National Farmers’ Union of Canada and as agricultural advisor to several Members of Parliament.
My vision as a councillor for the City of Grand Forks is to:
• Listen to you and respect your views
• Promote dignified, long-term job creation
• Regenerate and protect our local food culture
• Develop agricultural and arts tourism
• Create value-added opportunities for agricultural and other products
• Establish Grand Forks as a GMO free zone
• Ensure the sustainability and safety of our water supply
• Expand economic opportunities for the arts in our city
• Advocate for a greener Grand Forks
• Work hard to revitalize our downtown core