Members of Harmony Masonic Lodge No 37 A.F. and A.M. of Grand Forks joined with King Edward Lodge No. 28 of Greenwood on Oct. 11 to install their officers for 2011-2012 here in Grand Forks.
Harmony was instituted in 1902 and the Warrant /Charter granted 108 years ago, in 1903. Past Grand Master MW Brother Edward Hearn of Ymir Lodge No. 31 Salmo performed as Installing Master.
MW Brother Alan Tomlins conducted the Board of Installed Masters. The Grand Lodge of B.C. and Yukon was represented by District Deputy Grand Master for Boundary District No. 7 – Rt.Wor. Bro. Erik Knudsgaard of Rossland and of Corinthian Lodge No. 27 in Trail.
Other Grand Lodge officers included, Rt.Wor. Bro Bruce Askew DDGM West Kootenay District 6, Rt.Wor. Bro. John Griffin DDGM South Okanagan District 10 and V. Wor Bro. Barry Robinson Grand Pursuivant.
Sitting worshipful masters included, Rt. Wor. Bro Sam Brown of Corinthian No. 27 Trail and W/Bro John Gentleman of Sentinel No. 146 Castlegar.
Numerous other dignitaries from the Okanagan, East Kootenay, West Kootenay and Boundary areas participated in the ceremonies held at the Grand Forks Masonic Hall.
Harmony Lodge No. 37 Officers for this year are:
• Worshipful Master – Thomas R. Gooderham, -Immediate Past Master Casey Van Leur, PM
• Senior Warden – Brian Swift, P Grand Steward, -Junior Warden and T. Murray Rennie
• Treasurer – David Marshall, -Secretary George Manson, PM,
• Chaplain, Peter J. Smith, P Sr Grand Deacon
• Director of Ceremonies – Gordon Reed PDDGM, -Sr. Deacon Larry Matheson PDDGM
• Jr. Deacon Bill Campbell, -Sr. Steward Kevin G. Maffioli, -Inner Guard Fil Mauro PM,
• Tyler Bill Ortis PM – Education Officer Peter J. Smith, PSG Deacon and Historian George Manson PM
Harmony Lodge’s incoming Worshipful Master Tom Gooderham resides in Grand Forks with his wife Grace.
Tom joined Harmony Lodge in 2006 on transfer from Prince Charles Lodge No. 153 in Kelowna.
King Edward Lodge No. 28 Officers for 2011-2012 are:
• Worshipful Master Geoff Fern, -Immediate Past Master William Schneider PM, -Sr Warden Richard Stringer
• Jr Warden Ryan Galloway, -Treasurer David M. Boughton PM, -Secretary Peter J. Smith, P Sr Grand Deacon
• Chaplain Robert Boyo PM, -Director of Ceremonies David M. Boughton PM,
Sr Deacon – William Schneider PM, -Jr Deacon Randy Kappes, -Senior Steward Alfred Berg,- Jr Steward Greg Fawley, -Tyler Brian Swift PG Steward, -Historian Geoff Fern, PM -Education Officer Peter J. Smith, PSG Deacon.
Incoming Master of King Edward Lodge Geoff Fern is embarking on his second consecutive year as Master of King Edward Lodge. He and wife Trish reside in Christian Valley.